Wednesday 11 May 2011

Leopard Cape & Lipstick



Well honestly I cannot really call my blog leopard and lipstick if I am not going to wear said combination. So I thought I would show you one of my favourite leopard print garments, which is a 1960s cape, it was a marvellous find some years ago and was rather cheap. I do feel magical when I wear capes and I have quite few, so I feel magical quite a lot.  This ensemble is inspired by Norma Desmond and Margo Channing, you need sass and a delusional attitude towards life to wear this kinda get up and I definitely have at least one of those.



Yeah I know the dress doesn't really go but I was trying on the dress as a maybe to take to Paris. The dress is 1940s find from this etsy store, that was so cheap I thought I was mistaken. 

This is me channelling the femme fatale expression, of confusion 

I am wearing it with a leopard print belt, leopard necklace, big ass fluffy petticoat and mustard suede shoes that I have wrecked.


Oooh gotta love sparkly sleeves. I feel I need to go to some kind of cocktail hour in this dress with a cigarette in a holder a la Norma and Margo.

Note the freckles that look like a moustache



And what kind of woman doesn't have a chandelier in every room?!

18 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love the cape! What a magnificent find! :) That dress is lovely as well, I'd definitely take it to Paris if I were going. My friend just got back and I so wish I could've joined her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I thought it was a bit OTT but if you cannot dress up on holiday when can you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatta cape!! It's such a wonderful piece.
    You look so stunning in the '40s dress, you should definitely take it along-- it's very glamorous, how lovely for Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous cape and even more gorgeous dress. you have 40s down to a tee.

    Helen, X
    http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a killer outfit! You look great. I wish I had sass but I think I probably have, at least, a delusional outlook on life, too. Hehe.
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dakota: Thank you, it's definitely going in my suitcase now.

    Are you dressing up: Thank you that's lovely of you to say.

    Andi: Hah thank's my dear, glad we both have similar outlooks on life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In answer to your question on my blog, for that style I used a set of hot rollers (only using the small & medium ones) and just brushed the hair under. I've done similar with a flat-iron and just curling the hair under but it only works on my hair when it's short-ish like it is, now. Hope that helps a bit! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Errr...I appear to be signed in with a different account and I've no idea how that happened! Either way, still Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tips Andi think I will give it ago, hah yeah the name did confuse me somewhat, but I am easily confused x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ladies,seems my reply comments disappeared silly blogger! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. meow! I love it! So chic and perfect for PARIS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Baroness: Thank you, it seems it's definitely a winner for Paris! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dress (and the necklace!) is stunning! Very femme fatale indeed - I'd definitely take it to Paris. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. visit this page see this here navigate here explanation you could look here here

    ReplyDelete