Wednesday 14 November 2012

Style Icon: Humphrey Bogart

Think it's about time I dipped my cap to some gentlemen Style Icons, considering I am so inspired by menswear. 
Who better than Bogey? Hardly ever without his dickie bow and a hat, he had class, and that beautiful craggy face. It helped he usually had the beautiful Betty Bacall hanging from his arm. 

He ain't gonna play the sap for ya ladies...


"I’m not good-looking. I used to be, but not anymore. Not like Robert Taylor. What I have got is I have character in my face. It’s taken an awful lot of late nights and drinking to put it there. When I go to work in a picture, I say, ‘Don’t take the lines out of my face. Leave them there.’" - Humphrey Bogart






















Bogey gems to watch, whilst sipping on an old fashioned:

The Maltese Falcon
In a Lonely Place
Dead Reckoning

All Bogey pictures from here

16 comments:

  1. I always find the photos of him and Bacall together so amazing: you can actually fell the sexual tension and strong bond between them, a fascinating couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I have no in my room and I notice something new about it all the time, they were perfect for each other.

      Delete
  2. I dont care what he says, he was always good looking

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a man in a good suit and a sharp hair cut (particularly if it is rather fetchingly askew, as sported by Mr Bogart in a few of these photos)... swoon...

    Ruby xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swoon me too, particularly if he's wearing a dickie bow! xxx

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing these fabulous photos, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. God, Lauren Bacall looks amazing in that first photo of her! I read her autobiography when I was a teenager and it has always stayed with me (and I refuse to get rid of it, even though it came from a library sale and is totally destroyed). I find them and interesting couple, and Bogey a bit of a cipher. But I do love their films...

    Recently re-watched Sabrina though, and was trying to cry to Audrey the whole time that she could probably do better than either of those two idiots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she always look amazing. Oh it is such a wonderful read, she is such a strong and inspiring woman.
      Aah Sabrina is such a marvellous film!x

      Delete