Sunday 15 March 2015

Caught in your web

Who doesn't like cobwebs, especially on their clothes? I've wanted to make a cobweb print day dress ever since I made my ridiculously ott one for Halloween. I used a Butterick pattern that was supposed to be easy but I really struggle following patterns as I have a short attention span! Anyway I don't think she turned out to bad, I also made a little belt and turban to match and she was worn on Valentines Day, to Tesco as I'm a real classy gal.
It's not just the lighting, I have red hair now, and like half the length it was, still think I will go back to black eventually but I'm enjoying the change for awhile, if anyone could recommend tips for brows and ginger hair I still keep doing mine black aha. 












My bruised Valentine fell off his bicycle hence the gnarley bruise - he's okay!





18 comments:

  1. I'm very impressed; that dress looks wonderful! I've never had much patience when it comes to following patterns so I always marvel at those who manage to complete them! Your hair looks SO great red X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet gal! I love making my own clothes but I'm just not very patient! x

      Delete
  2. I really like your hat/turban/headpiece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you its just a rectangular piece of the fabric precariously wrapped around my head!

      Delete
  3. You're looking gorgeous with your new hair colour. Black eyebrows look pretty good to me.
    I start off following the pattern but usually end up doing my own thing in the end. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovey, I'm terrible at following any form of instructions so nice to hear you go off and do your own thing too! xx

      Delete
  4. Wow that is really gorgeous, I love the added turban its perfect, especially with your lovely red hair! I have made up that dress pattern and can remember it being a right bugger to sew as the instructions are a bit vague, so its not just you, though I have a very short concentration span myself! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetheart, yes so funny I googled the pattern and found your post you did the lining as well you're a supersewer! xxx

      Delete
  5. You look so freakin' cute! What pattern did you use? Love the turban, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary its Retro 51 Butterick Dress Sewing Pattern No. B5880 xx

      Delete
  6. Are you searching for a professional Web Designer in Toronto? Appslure is a Toronto Web Design company and your best choice for web design, Thanks you for very nice its sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great information shared through this post. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again. We are top putlocker

    ReplyDelete
  8. putlockerss.net If you are looking for the Finance Accounting Assignments help then in this case you can opt for our

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many are also flexible as they’re adaptable to outdoor venues or can be run online. virtual edge and best event registration sites

    ReplyDelete