Thursday 3 March 2011

Warpaint



Warpaint are a band I recently fell in love with after stumbling upon their video 'Elephants'. They are an all girl four piece; Emily Kokal (vocals, guitar), Theresa Wayman (guitar, vocals), Jenny Lee Lindberg (bass, vocals), and Stella Mozgawa (drums, keyboards) their music is simply dreamy and hypnotic. Their original drummer was actress Shannyn Sossamon (who I will do a post on soon as I flipping love the way she dresses). Listen to this;
The 'Undertow' video is directed by Sossamon who is the bassist's sister, oh to be in a creative family! I am going to see them play in May cannot wait love going to gigs so I can notch up the mental oufit stakes (thinking old wedding dress fur and headdress)




2 comments:

  1. My sister is in love with Warpaint! I always hear their music coming from her room and I find it stuck in the head for the rest of the day. I must say, it's climbing my list. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you should definitely listen to more of their stuff it grows on you. Thanks so much that's sweet of you to say

    ReplyDelete