Sunday 2 September 2012

What this ol' musty thing?

I am not happy unless the clothes  I buy smell of grandmas, and that they cost me less than £10 a piece. And these items I discovered last Monday and in London all fit that category!

I have been pining for a beaded cardigan for quite sometime now and I found this gorgeous number for £3.99 in PDSA in Bolton. 

The mandarin jacket was £4.oo from a charity shop in Urmston, I have addiction to these jackets, that can not be abated. 





These two dresses are from Absolute Vintage in London they were only £9 for both, and both very thick and heavy material, possibly crepe? so will be perfect for next week when Winter hits hah. The hair garland was £2 from Spitalfields market, there were loads all hung up on a market stall like a stand for fairies to get accessorised at,I could of bought them all. 








And finally you may have seen the mustard hat, but my little owl  was just 50pence and peacock trousers  £2.99. Have you found any bargains recently? Do you know how to get the musty smell out of clothes? 



10 comments:

  1. In case of mothball-smells, it could help to put the clothes on the warm heater. The warmth will help to oust the smell. :-)
    The beaded cardigan looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh good simple tip, and thank you think its my favourite out of them all!

      Delete
  2. Ha,I was just reading about people like us who wear dead peoples clothes....!!!
    Fabulous,isn't it?!
    LOVING that beaded cardi most especially out of all your delicious loot!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I love to reuse people's items and to think what happened when other people wore them. It is drool worthy no?!xxx

      Delete
  3. there is nothing better than clothes that smell of grandmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here are my last bargains: http://lostin1950.blogspot.fr/2012/09/flea-markets-addict.html
    For the smell, you can hang them out a full day or dryclean them. I personnaly hand wash all my beaded sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are wonderful bargains! Think hand washing the cardigan will be the best! Thank you xx

      Delete
  5. Usually giving them an airing and a good freebreeze/ perfume spritz get's rid of the must smell. Saying that I think I might have just got used to the must smell seeing as I spend so much time in amongst it at work, I probably smell like a granny every day of the week and don't know it ha.
    Such lovely and bargainous finds, soooo want to see you in your peacock trousers! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, yeah I definitely think I have become accustomed to the smell let's say! I need to take those trousers up think they were made for 7ft women aha xx

      Delete