Tuesday 23 July 2013

The Wallace Collection

We paid a visit to the Wallace Collection when we stayed in London last month, and boy did it make my little heart flutter, opulent furniture far as the eye could see, and it's free entry. We also visited the Soane and The Hunterian museums, I absolutely adored Sir John Soane's converted home, it was a treasure trove. 
















Would like to add this suite to our house!











Couple of snaps from the V&A before Ben informed me I wasn't supposed to be taking pictures in this part! I'm a sucker for Asian vintage fashion. 




4 comments:

  1. Oh how my knees turn to Jell-o when I see resplendently gorgeous, opulent, history rich rooms such as these. I start feeling like a little girl daydreaming about being a princess in a fairy tale all over again. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Love your sweetly gorgeous dress - that pleated collar is as charming as the day is long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!! I am enthralled by all that rococo opulence. Can you even imagine having even one of those pieces in your home? Swoon! Your stunning gown is also a treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't live with it, but I DO love that opulent, baroquey look!!
    YOU look frigging DIVOON in that sweet frock and darling little Summery hairdo! XXX

    ReplyDelete